Wednesday, June 1, 2011

#16

Ooh goodness, where do I start on this crazy class we all have gotten through? This class has been hands down one of the hardest classes I have ever taken and hopefully I did well in it. I like to think I did well and I feel pretty good about getting a good grade. But anyways I do not know if this semester was just a very busy one but I feel drained and cannot wait till Friday is over with. Starting from the beginning of the semester I knew that this class was going to be difficult but I really had no idea how strenuous it was going to be. I think it was the heavy workload each week that really got to me; it never seemed to get any easier, just harder as the weeks went by. There was never a break in this class as I sometimes had in other classes. I suppose this is a good thing because I never had the chance to get lazy. I simply did not think of not doing English homework because there was always something due or due the next week. So in the end this nonstop stream of work always kept me working and productive. Not to repeat myself but I am so super happy that we are almost done and I just want to say that everyone should give themselves a pat on the back for making it this far and not giving up.

This class was really great for me because it made me appreciate writing again. I have always been all right with writing and research papers. Do not get me wrong they are not my favorite thing to do, but I do not hate them with a vengeance that a lot of students seem to do. So with all the writing we have done in this class my writing skills have improved throughout the weeks. My analytical skills have also improved and this is an essential skill for everyday use.

I really felt that even though this was a totally online class that we all made friends or at least connections with the other students in our class. The group projects and all the peer editing really gave us an opportunity to share and be open to other students. It is always nice to have friends in the classes we take and this human connection was not lost in this class even though it was all online. And that this connection was not lost is an amazing thing and we created an online community or sorts where we all learned together.

What killed me the most this semester was the research paper. I am still stressing over it and hopefully I can get most of it finished today. I have a solid draft but I still have some more ideas to put into it to flesh it out a bit more. But this paper has been my bane and I cannot wait till I hit submit and do not ever have to think about it again! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, this is one of the hardest classes that I have ever taken as well due to the fact that writing is not my best subject and this class required so much work. You are so right in saying that the work load never let up. For the first three weeks I remember thinking, “there’s more work to do this week than last week! Will it ever stop piling on?” There was never a time when I thought, “finally, all my English homework is done for this week,” I wanted to get ahead but each week I found myself doing last minute work on Sunday night! Tomorrow will be a day for celebration! I too cannot wait for this research paper to be done, it seems like I have been working on it forever even though I have been procrastinating with it!. I have met the page requirement and am tempted to leave it as it is, but there is one last thought that I really should add to the paper to make it more complete. At this point I am more concerned with just getting it over with rather than doing my best, but I’ll be diligent and finish it up tomorrow! Good luck with the last work on you paper! Have a great summer!

    -E

    ReplyDelete